Also Read: Best Built-In Microwaves
Time for turning on the stove or oven might not be enough for you if you have limited time. That is why more advanced cooking types of equipment are available today. The microwave has many pros as compared to other heating equipment. It saves time; it is efficient, easy to use and requires zero skills to operate. For a person who has limited time, this is the best equipment to use to ensure foods cook thoroughly.
There are two common types of a microwave in the market: conventional and compact. Most people prefer the small microwaves because it has excellent efficiency, small size and performs as well as the bigger ones. If you reside in a studio apartment, this type of microwave does not take up too much counter space.
Although small in size, the overall performance is good and power consumption is low. From defrosting to baking functionalities, this is the more straightforward and suitable equipment. We have come up with the top 8 mini microwaves in 2019.
The List of Best Mini Microwaves in 2019
#8 Elite Cuisine EBK-200R Maxi-Matic 3-In-1 Multifunction Breakfast Centre
This microwave is suitable for those with limited space because of its small size and lightweight. It has a 3-In-1 design and warms, fries and bakes small food items like bread. A well-built 4-cup capacity coffeemaker has a pause n serve function with a reusable filter, which aids to reduce waste.
Moreover, the anti-drip feature allows the brewing process to pause and pour the first cup of coffee. A full 6-inch nonstick grill, a roasting tray, and a wire rack ensure foods cook evenly and allow a more natural cleaning process.
#7 RCA RMW741 0.7 Cubic Foot Microwave
The RCA RMW741has a 0.7 Cubic Foot capacity and is best placed on a countertop. It has 6 one-touch cooking menus for quick and efficient cooking. A beautifully designed digital kitchen timer helps to see the remaining cooking time while the speed defrosts feature saves time for defrosting food items.
In addition, the cook by weight functionality will help you to know the weight of the foods up to the maximum to avoid overloading. This is a very safe way to use and maintain the microwave. The presence of a reminder sound lets you know if there is any food left in the microwave.
#6 Samsung MG11H2020CT 1.1 Cu Ft, Countertop Grill Microwave Oven
This microwave has a 1.1 Cubic Feet is made of a ceramic enamel, and the interior resists scratches and also eases clean-up process. The stainless steel exterior is very eye appealing and adds an aesthetic effect in the room. It has sturdy and robust grilling elements that keep food crisp and moist.
What’s more, the auto-cook preset will ensure food cooks to perfection by offering precise heating and defrost functionalities. The 100 watts power usage technology saves energy and has a high superior quality finish.
#5 Westinghouse WCM770B 700 Watt Counter Top Microwave Oven
This small microwave has an excellent capacity of 0.7 cubic feet and is power rated 700 watts. It includes a children’s safety lock for extra protection and has a space-saving design is a plus. The Westinghouse allows you to use this function without supervision.
Moreover, it has 10 power levels, and a 6-one-touch presets that makes the cooking time easier and enjoyable. A modern design with the inclusive of LED display helps you to see the time more efficiently. Also, a speed defrost functionality enables you to alternate between defrost and standby times.
#4 Oster OGH6901 0.9Cu.Ft Ft., 900 Watts Countertop Digital Microwave Oven
The 0.9 Cubic-feet, 900-watt Oster OGH6901 has a highly advanced sensor that senses humidity and temperature information inside the microwave to determine if food elements cook perfectly. The presence of a full beautiful Green LED Display helps you to view quickly, set and use the built-in 10 power levels quicker.
On top of that, it is also Inclusive of a push-button that allows you to open the microwave without using too much effort efficiently. A 30 plus quick press buttons aids in efficiency and saves time while locating a specific function.
#3 Panasonic NN-SD372S Countertop Microwave with Inverter Technology 0.8 Cu. Ft, 950 Watts
The Panasonic NN-SD372S Countertop mini microwave maintains even temperatures and delivers food with consistent texture, color, and taste. The 0.8 cubic –feet unit has low power consumption and is rated 950 watts. A well-thought-of inverter design technology ensures a steady stream of low power energy by pulsing the high power function on and off. This provides food cooks faster and thoroughly. The auto-reheat setting automatically reheats food without setting both the power and time.
Furthermore, the 3 settings, keep-warm, auto-cook and quick-minute help to ensure low microwave power use, automatic adjustment of power levels and cook time calculations and set to one-minute time respectively. A built-in fan helps to cool the components when it is running.
#2 RCA RMW733-Black Microwave Oven, 0.7 Cubic Feet
Coming from the RCA brand, the RMW733 microwave oven will speed up the cooking, warming, and thawing operations. The black-colored microwave has an electronic touchpad, which makes use comfortable and efficient.
In addition to that, the 10 power levels buttons are placed in a single vertical row to increase the simplicity of use and readability. It is 0.7 cubic feet, and a large 11-inch plate can fit in perfectly while food evenly cooks. Besides, the well-written menu sticker helps you pick a function.
#1 Counter Top Rotary Microwave Oven, WCM660B
The Rotary Microwave from Westinghouse is lightweight and perfect for limited space. It has a capacity of 0.6 Cubic Feet, which can accommodate foods easily. The 600 Watt- item does not consume power, which makes it economical and is easy to operate.
Additionally, it only weighs 23.1 pounds, made with the high-quality material and has a comfortable grip handle. The 6 power levels make cooking time more comfortable and efficient. You can easily defrost, reheat and perform heavy-duty cooking tasks while the dishwasher friendly turntable can be removed for cleanup.
Simple Tips for Mini Microwave Maintenance
- Not Overloading: Manufacturers have put a maximum loading capacity in the microwave. If you overload the food items, this may lead to damage and unevenly cooked foods. It is best to follow the recommended weight to ensure food cooks through, and your microwave works efficiently.
- Avoid Use of Aluminum Foil: Some people confuse oven with microwaves. These two have different technologies. One uses a heating element while the other using waves. It is not recommended to use an aluminum foil when operating a microwave because it interferes with the waves. This generally leads to electrical faults and malfunctioning of the unit.
- Unplug From Power Source: While the microwave unit is not in use, ensure you unplug it from the primary power source. This is an efficient way of safeguarding accidental switching on the unit. Also, children are safe from the unsupervised handling of the microwave.
- Place on a Dry Surface: Electrical equipment and water mix. Some even malfunction because of slight humid conditions. Ensure you place your microwave on a dry surface and away from direct sunlight. The sunlight might make the beautiful exterior to fade and wear out.
- Use Microwave-Friendly Plates and Containers: There are materials like low-quality plastic that melts when you place inside the microwave. Additionally, never use metallic equipment like stainless steel cups when warming or baking foods. It leads to sparks and possibly a replacement of the entire microwave.
Signs Your Microwave Needs Urgent Repair/Replacement
- Takes Time to Heat Up: When you warm food in the microwave, you notice it takes longer time than usual. This is a sure sign either your unit is past its lifespan, or the heating elements are faulty. The recommended thing to do is to take it to a qualified technician or buy a new reliable microwave.
- Problem Switching On: All electrical equipment has a switch on button. If you use too much effort to switch on the power button of your unit, this needs repair or replacement. Also, when you turn off the button, you notice it is still in operation unless you plug it out from the primary power source.
- The Dial Buttons Malfunction: Most microwaves have several buttons. If you press a specific button or turn on a knob, and it resets to a function you did not preset, then your microwave has a problem.
- Food Does Not Cook Evenly/Through: Furthermore when food does not cook through, either you have overloaded it, or the heat transfer is uneven. Confirm you have not exceeded the recommended weight capacity to ascertain if your microwave has a problem. If you use it with all the recommended guidelines and still the food is unevenly cooked, the heat flow might be the problem.
- Increased Power Consumption: Lastly, your electricity bills increase drastically without the addition of electrical equipment. A faulty unit consumes more power than a well-functioning one. Take it to a technician if you verify that is the cause of the problem.
Bonus – The Differences Between Microwave & Oven
We live in a fast-paced world where multiple things need completing in a short time. Heating, baking and frying foods should not be a barrier to more pressing issues. We have compiled an informative list to help you to save time for research for the best mini microwaves on the market. In addition, the units are superior regarding energy consumption, efficiency, durability, dependability, price, brand, and design as compared to other microwaves. When you purchase one of these units, you will get value for your money.