If you are looking for the best honey extractors, you are on right article here. Honey is the most naturally occurring sweet item, and its health benefits are endless. Extracting honey from a bee comb is a tough job even for the experts as it is life-threatening and injury-prone. Thanks to the advancement of technology, we have devices to extract the highest quality pure honey almost effortlessly.
These devices are called honey extractor, and their specialty is that they extract honey from honeycombs without destroying them. This means the bees can refill the honey and that can again be extracted. If you are looking forward to buying a honey extract for honey harvesting, we have the best recommendations for you.
The List Of Best Honey Extractors In 2021
Last update on 2021-12-07 at 23:57 / Affiliate link / Image from Amazon Product Advertising API
#10. Commercial 2 Frame Honey Extractor
This is designed to last for a long time and is effortless to assemble and convenient to use. It has got three sturdy legs, and the honey can be poured by just inclining the drum. It is also a stainless steel honey extractor which is ideal for beekeepers.
To add more value, it has got two frames and came in the dimension of 16 x 16 x 35 inches. This is an inexpensive product and can also be used as an ice crusher. It has got an outlet gate which allows you to spill the honey out without any effort.
#9. Manual Honey Extractor Honeycomb Spinner 3
This is another modern honey extractor where you can perform your task efficiently. This is made up of food grade stainless steel and is very durable. There are also stainless steel legs which can be bolted and can raise the drum. This is a three-frame honey extractor which has got steel gears and sealed bearings.
Moreover, it has got a double clear lid which allows you for easy viewing. This will make your task very simple and is also easy to assemble. Here, spinning is done effortlessly which allows you to save time.
#8. Honey Extractor Uncapping Needle Roller
By: Black Menba
This is a handy honey extractor, where honey is extracted through manual work. This is very convenient to use and applies the old way of extracting honey. It is fast as well as easy and is an inexpensive product. With this, you can uncap frames before you place them in an extractor.
In addition, it is made up of plastic and has got needles of 1 cm. It comes in the size of 0.4 x 3.6 x 2.4 inches and weighs only 0.8 ounces. This roller does not destroy the comb when opening the cap. It also works perfectly on every supercell.
#7. Stainless Steel Large 4/8 Frame Honey Extractor
Standing at 32 inches, this honey extractor weighs 26 pounds and is made up of stainless steel. It has got a very sleek finish allowing you to store it conveniently in small spaces. This is very easy to use and also easy to clean. It can fit in deep, medium, and shallow frames, and is very rugged.
Additionally, this is perfect for beekeepers and is also very flexible. This will last a lifetime and can fit five gallons for draining honey. This is a “honey slinger” which is affordable and offers value for the price.
#6. 2-Frame Large Honey Extractor
In this honey extractor, there are two frames. It is huge and is able to hold 45 to 50 kilos. This is very durable and is constructed of stainless steel. It has got an anti-rust structure, which allows the product to look new for a longer time. In there, you will be able to fit shallow, deep, and medium frames.
What’s more, this comes in the size of 36.2 x 16.2 x 16.2 inches and has got a weight of 28.1 pounds. It is very quick to process and will work for years.
#5. 2 Frame Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
By: Best Choice Products
This honey extractor is very sleek in design and is made up of stainless steel. It performs efficiently without any hassle. It has got a metal crank which is able to turn two baskets inside it without any problem. A single basket is able to hold two frames at one time allowing you to perform your task at a faster pace.
Besides, this comes in the dimension of 16 x 16 x 38 inches and weighs 21 pounds. It does not matter if you are an expert beekeeper or a learner, you will know intuitively how to extract honey with this extractor.
#4. Large 2 Frame Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
When it comes to saving time and money, then this is one of the best honey extractors for you. This will last for a long time and is constructed of high-quality steel. It has got a large capacity which includes two frames. This has got a plastic lid which offers clear viewing and also includes a rotating handle.
Additionally, this is easy to clean as well as easy to assemble. It is also very convenient to operate, and you can clean it with soap and water. This product is very durable and weighs 22 pounds.
#3. Professional 3 Frame Manual Honey Extractor
This is a heavy-duty honey extractor which comes with a lifetime warranty. For your convenience, there is also an optional stand, and you can fix it according to your own preference. The tank here is made up of stainless steel and has got 16 gauges. This also offers a plexiglass top which will offer you clear viewing. It has got sealed bearings and is made up of steel gear.
On top of that, this comes in the dimension of 15 x 45 x 24 inches and weighs 22.1 pounds. Keepers will rejoice in having this honey extractor as it is very convenient to use. You can extract honey from it without any hassle. The tank is conical in shape and is also easy to clean up. This is easy to assemble and has got a crank handle.
#2. Large Two 2 Frame Stainless Steel Manual Crank Bee Honey Extractor
This honey extractor has the capacity to hold four to eight frames at a time. It has got a height of 41.5 inches, where the drum height is 23.75 inches. It includes a clear plexiglass lid which allows you to have an easy viewing. The honey extractor has got four frames and is made up of stainless steel. It includes a drum, which is conical in shape.
Moreover, it uses a motor of 120 Watts and is very convenient to use. Also, it is very strong and exceptionally smooth while operating. The heavy-duty product will last for a very long time and is also easy to assemble and you can easily wash it. While using it, you can gradually increase the speed to avoid the foundation from busting. This goes down as one of the best honey extracts on the list.
#1. Stainless Steel Manual Crank Bee Honey Extractor
This honey extractor is made up of stainless steel and has got a diameter of 15 inches. It is also lightweight and weighs 20 pounds. This is a two-frame honey extractor which has got a height of 24 inches. For your easy viewing, it has got a plexiglass lid which is transparent. It is very convenient to use and fits deep, medium, as well as shallow frames.
When placed on top, the distance of the honey gate to the floor is 15.25 inches. This will ensure you to get clean honey with its conical shaped drum. This is one of the few honey extractors which has got a raised bottom. You can flip the frames gradually and increase its speed. When the comb becomes empty, the bees will be back to refill them.
What Are The Types Of Honey Extractors?
There are basically four types of honey extractors available in the market. You can get more idea about it from this Wikipedia page.
- Radial: If you are looking for a large honey extractor, it is likely to be a radial type. Its process of extraction is based on the upward sloping of comb cells and centrifugal force application on the slope. It makes the process more comfortable, and there is no need for turning the frames during extraction as all the faces of the combs will be turning upwards every now and then.
- Tangential: This is a slightly inexpensive honey extractor that was popular before the radial ones came out. The issue with this extractor is that only one face will turn upwards at a time. Therefore, a person has to keep turning the frames to make the other faces turn upwards. It is suitable for small-scale extraction only as one has to invest more time and effort in large-scale extraction of pure honey.
- Hand Powered: It is the most inexpensive way for honey extraction. A lot of human effort has to be put in order to get the honey. In most cases, the entire honey can never be extracted, and there are chances of getting injured or attacked by bees.
- Electric Powered: These are the modern honey extractors, and the entire process of honey extraction is automatized. Some of them are electrically powered while some have wireless battery connectivity.
How To Extract Honey From Honeycomb?
- Step 1: First of all, you have to choose among the best honey extractors for stable honey extraction. The extractor must have heavy-duty legs to withdrawn the pressure of extraction else it can turn catastrophic.
- Step 2: Open the beehive and smoke the bees, but one has to be careful as heavy smoking can affect the taste of the honey. Therefore, smoke as minimal as possible to get the bees away.
- Step 3: Take a knife and cut off the caps from the frame and you have to be careful here so that you do not cut off the wax. Now, place the frames inside the extractor.
- Step 4: Start spinning and the process of extraction will start. You have to continue to spin so that all the honey is extracted completely, but the foundation should stay intact.
- Step 5: Once all the honey is extracted, open the gate to drain it out. You should drain it in a bucket with a filter attached to it.
- Step6: Allow the honey to settle for a day so that the quality can be top-notch and then get it in a container.
To learn more, please see the video below:
With a honey extractor, you can put minimal effort into getting the maximum honey from a honeycomb. It will save you time, and you can extract more honey in limited time. The quality will not be compromised, and the honeycomb does not get destroyed.
We have chosen the best honey extractors of all types starting from radial to manual and listed them above for your buying consideration. You should definitely consider buying one to increase honey production and decrease waste from it.